Director ACT Curious
Michelle is the Director of ACT Curious. She is a fully qualified and highly experienced Clinical Social Worker. She is an accomplished Cognitive Behavior Therapist (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapist (ACT), Clinical Supervisor and Trainer.
Michelle is passionate about helping her clients learn to live the life they love. She is committed to evidence based psychotherapy grounded in compassion, mindfulness and psychological flexibility.
Michelle specialises in working with children, adolescents and adults with anxiety disorders, mood disorders, trauma and emotion regulation problems.
Michelle has trained extensively in the theory and practice of Cognitive Behavior Therapist (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness. She attends world conferences, reads widely and trains General Practitioners, social workers, psychologists and other professionals in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
Michelle has a unique and diverse educational and employment history. She completed her clinical Master of Mental Health Science at the Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University, where she developed specialist knowledge and skills in assessment diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues. She is a qualified secondary school teacher and social worker who has worked in the education system with students at risk. Her employment history also includes 20 years experience in the forensic child and family community welfare field.
- Masters of Mental Health Science (Clinical), Flinders University
- Graduate Diploma in Education, La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Social Work, La Trobe University
- Advanced Certificate of Family Therapy, Melbourne Family Therapy Centre
Registration & Memberships
- Member of Employee Assistance Professionals Association Australia (EAPAA)
- Member of Clinical Division Australian Association of Social Workers (MAASW)
- Member for Contextual Behavioural Science (ACBS)
- Au NZ Chapter for Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ANZACT)